Roon Arc Port forwarding question

Roon Server Machine

Roon Nucleus updated to latest software

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Number of Tracks in Library

Around 20.000

Description of Issue

I’m trying to use Roon Arc but it seems that I can’t open the Nat on my router port because I don’t know the difference between Inital port and final port that I have to write on my router settings.

I have also bought a Roon Nucleus to make things even easier but no luck at this time.

Here is my diagnostic data:
{
“ipv4_connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“151.aaa.ddd.eee”,“actual_external_ipv6”:“null”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”}
}

Any help would be very appreciated

Thank You

MC

It’s the same external and internal port. E.g. if Roon wants to use 55000, forward the external port 55000 to the Roon server computer‘s internal port 55000

If your router settings ask for Source IP then leave that empty. Local IP is the address of your Roon Server. Port number is the one that Roon uses. Both the IP and Port number are listed in Roon’s ARC setup menu.

Thank You all.

So basically if I’m not wrong, I have to type 55000 in all four port requests and the Roon Nucleus IP address in the last one.

Hope this will solve the problem.

Happy New Year BTW!

I’ve done it but still not working…

Here’s the Roon Diagnostic

{
“ipv4_connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“151.aaa.ddd.eee”,“actual_external_ipv6”:“null”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.1.1”,“found_upnp”:true,“error”:“Did not find UPnP service with WANIPConnection on network”}
}

DONE!!!

I had to select VDSL instead of ADSL…

Thanks for the help!

MC

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.