Roon ARC port forwarding

Roon Core Machine

Apple Macbook Pro 13, M1, 16MB RAM

Networking Gear & Setup Details

1. Who is your internet service provider?

Elisa Finland

1. Please list the make and model of your modem and router?

Zyxel VMG1312 B10D

1. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?

Deco M5 Mesh (3x)

1. Does your network have any VPNs, proxy servers, or enterprise-grade security?

No

Connected Audio Devices

Apple Mini Mac, Roon Bridge installed and Schiit Bifrost connected, Amplifier Bluesound Powernode 2i

Description of Issue -

What is the exact port forwarding error message you see in the Roon Settings → ARC tab?

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“88.aaa.bbb.hhh”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”}
}

To succeed with Roon ARC
a) how should I setup Zyxel VMG1312 B10D?
b) how should I setup Deco M5?

Is your Zyxel in bridge mode, so that your entire home network is in the range 192.168.1.x (where x is in the range 1 to 254)?

Since you don’t seem to have UPnP enabled, you need to set up a port forwarding rule for ARC. Where have you done this? On the Zyxel, the Deco, or both?

1 Like

To succeed with Roon ARC
a) how should I setup Zyxel VMG1312 B10D?
b) how should I setup Deco M5?

I tried to setup port forwarding through two routers following this example (image). Original tutorial can be found in URL Port forwarding between two routers | Multiple Router Port Forwarding - YouTube.

Still no success with Roon ARC. Is it possible to use port forwarding through two routers without adding bridge mode to the first one (connected to ISP)? First router/modem is Zyxel VMG1312 B10D and second router is Deco M5.

Hi @Juha_Konttinen,

Thank you for patiently awaiting a response.

From what I can tell, the VMG1312 B10D is a wireless gateway. AKA a modem/router combo. This device should be in bridge mode. In general, having two routers will cause issues and slowdowns.

I found an article that I hope helps. In my experience, these wireless modem/router gateway combos are finicky when it comes to bridge mode so you may need to consult with your ISP if things go awry.

Best wishes,
Wes

My Zyxel does not work in bridge mode. I have tried to succeed with port forwarding through two routers, but not succeed with that either. Can you tell me what is wrong with this setup (image).

Hi @Juha_Konttinen,

Just have one check question. The Roon Arc port number 55000 is the number which is shown in the Roon App under Settings → Roon Arc?

Thanks.

Maarten.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.