Networking Gear & Setup Details

AQvox Switch LE

Connected Audio Devices

Streamer: Weiss DSP502

Number of Tracks in Library

40.000, using CD-Rips, Qobuz and Tidal

Description of Issue

Dear Community,

I have since the beginning a very interesting problem with ARC. I once described it here (Roon ARC Roon Radio Problems), unfortunatelly nobody helped me. The issue still continues.

Short description of the problem: Roon Radio doesn’t work in ARC, also opening a bigger playlist (e.g. 1300 Tracks) doesn’t work. When I select a track and klick on “Roon Radio” it only works 1 out of 10 times. Sometimes, when I completely close the app and wait e.g. for 5 hours and open it up again it will work a few times in a Row. But suddenly it will stop working after a few random “roon radio” selects.

Roon ARC seems to be set up properly, when I test it, it shows no error message. I also tried manually opening Port 55000 and opening Port 55002, and still - Roon Radio doesn’t work properly. I use a FritzBox 7530 as Router, Firmware is up to date. The Roon Core is allowed to open Ports, this option is selected/active in the router configuration menu. Manually opening ports doesn’t solve the problem. Selecting it as an Exposed Host seems to be working, but as mentioned in other topics it isn’t safe to use and exposing my network for exploits and hacker-attacks. Or does it only endanger my setup when I use Roon Core on a MAC or PC? I’m using an InnuOS Zenith, maybe it’s safe to use Exposed Host Function? (Of course I’m not feeling safe about having an “open” Server exposed to the whole world at home).

Any ideas how I should proceed?

Thanks in advance.
Lukas

Is really nobody out there who could help me out with this problem? :frowning:

I’ve got an Update: I deactivated Exposed Host, because the problem also started to show up with this setting. Also, I deactivated filterin Netbios - nothing changed. The problem still exists.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.