Roon ARC, Roon 2.0 Some Thoughts

In retrospect it was probably inevitable that I would find Roon. My dad always had Meridian Speakers and eventually Soolos, and as a budding audiophile myself - when Roon became available, I immediately moved off the JRiver system I had been using.

From the very first version I could tell it was something special. It just so positively impacted the way I listen to music in my home - and connect various devices. At first, I lived in an apartment with a single headphone zone - but continued to evolve. Finally, when I got married and had kids, we moved into a house where I now count 14 zones (One for my 2-Channel and Main Headphone rig via Lumin U1, one for my bedroom Headphone rig via Chord 2go, Home Office Speakers, Home Office Headphones, an Oppo BD 203 running to my surround setup in my den, and lots and lots of Sonos Amps, running to in ceiling speakers throughout my house in every room - the real reason I bought the house).

I have enjoyed Roon since the beginning - and I’ve consistently been blown away by it. But, I haven’t been quite as blown away as when I tried Roon ARC for the first time a few days ago.

I have found it nearly flawless in execution, outside of no carplay integration (which I’m sure will come) - and have enjoyed it so much driving around in my car and my wife’s car - it made me reflect on just how good this software is - and what it’s evolved from since the Meridian days.

(:Slow Clap:) I just want to acknowledge the Roon team and the Devs, as this is some truly phenomenal software. My only regret is I didn’t buy a lifetime subscription on day 1. It leaves me with the same feeling when I rememeber not mining for bitcoin in 2010 when I first learned about it (:wink:) But I’m not making that mistake for any longer. I’m buying a lifetime subscription today.

Anyhow, thank you Roon guys for continuing to innovate. Roon 2.0 and Roon Arc is simply fantastic.

Cheers,
Andrew

11 Likes