Roon ARC Service Issue [Resolved]

Working for me again as well.

All the criticism in this thread shall stand though and this needs to be more reliable and downtime needs to be transparently communicated.

Roon Arc back to normal here. Thanks.

Maybe too much users started to use Roon ARC, that’s why these connection issues arose. But the fact, Roon ARC should connect directly to the core.

1 Like

While I think it could be an option for most people that is technically not viable as it requires domain, SSL setup.

yupp
works again

Well, I hope such problems will occur very sporadically in the future, preferably not at all. Childhood problems. I personally am waiting for the landscape mode for tablets and the ability to select a microSD card for downloaded albums in the next updates.

Basically that’s whats happening… Only issue is that it needs to call the mothership first to verify licensing and where in the world your Core is found.

Plex were able to do this with LetsEncrypt and simple “magic” DNS resolution. No need for a mothership, just need DNS to work.

This is a totally off-topic but my current Plex setup is relayed through Plex’ servers with an SSL cert from Cloudflare. My assumption is that Roon ARC works in a similar manner and removing Roon’s relay function requires a lot more maintenance from the single user. But I may be wrong as this is only my assumption.

1 Like

Mine came on but just lost connection again ?

Anyone else still having issues ?

No new issues from my side. Only when I turned on again my computer from sleeping mode I got information that I am not logged in to Qobuz, but only on ARC.

Hi All,

Please see my post here regarding this issue:

Are you confirming all our traffic via ARC is going via a middleman (e.g. some relay or proxy service controlled by Roon)? Or is it similar to Plex magic DNS (*.plex.direct) where a series of hostnames/IP addresses are published to a registration service to resolve those addresses, and then the connectivity is direct to our Core (via the ARC port)?

Either way I will do some sniffs on my end and find out :slight_smile:

My android app won’t work the nucleas. Downloaded the app on the iPad. Same issue. Was working well last time I tried.

mine never worked outside my home wifi
Always the same message “poor connection”
I’m in Berlin

I suggest that you make a support request in the #support:port-forwarding-help category of the forum and fill out the details of your setup in the post template. Thanks.

Hi - I am seeing “Unavailable” in red above any track in Roon ARC. This started a few weeks ago

As I said previously:

I suggest that you make a support request in the #support:port-forwarding-help category of the forum and fill out the details of your setup in the post template. Thanks.

That’s the best way to get help on your issue…

Is this downloaded material?

No - streaming through TIDAL.
TIDAL app works fine on its own