Roon ARC shows Not Ready

Roon Core Machine

Nucleus with 16GB RAM upgraded
Internal Samsung 8TB SSD

Networking Gear & Setup Details

TP-Link AX6000 Next Gen Wifi Router (Latest Firmware 1.2.4 Build 20210719 rel.12163(5553))
ISP: Netvigator Broadband (Hong Kong)
Nucleus connected to router via GE wired Ethernet with Fixed IP

Connected Audio Devices

dCS Bartok DAC connected via GE wired Ethernet

Number of Tracks in Library

118,541 Tracks

Description of Issue

Roon ARC Not Ready

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“1.36.54.169”,“router_external_ip”:“1.36.54.169”},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.0.1”,“found_upnp”:true}
}

New Update, I tried manually set up port forwarding via the “Virtual Servers” tab

Roon ARC then showed as “Ready” from my Roon MAC client, but still cannot access from my iphone, showing “Searching for Roon Core” forever.

And after a few minutes, my Mac Roon Client shows Roon ARC “Not Ready” again with the same error as in my previous post.

This on and off behaviour has been happening for the past day or so when trying to debug, like turning server and routers off and on. Sometimes Roon ARC comes up, but never consistently,

Hey @agentsmith,

Thank you for your patience while we’ve diligently worked to reach every request for support with port forwarding. The diagnostics you’ve provided suggest that UPnP is not properly configured on your router.

Please first try the following steps:

• Try to enable UPnP/NATPMP in the web administration interface for the router directly upstream from your Core
  • Try to manually open the port in your router’s port forwarding configuration
  • Make sure the IP/Port matches the Port listed in Roon → Settings → ARC
  • Check for any VPNs or Firewalls that might be interfering
  • Check if your modem is in Bridge mode

If you continue to experience difficulties, please tag the support team and include the following information:

1. What is the make and model of your modem and router?
  2. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?
  3. Who is your internet service provider and what is your geographic region?
  4. Is your Modem configured in Bridge Mode so that it operates only as a modem or do you have the ports forwarded on both?

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.