WiFi over Linksys MESH

Connected Audio Devices

Devialet Pro / Sonos / iOS devices over LAN

Number of Tracks in Library

17000 tracks

Description of Issue

;

Scenario #1
A - When connecting the ROCK directly to the ISP router, I can have ROON ARC functionality via the mobile network > great!
B - Accessing Roon via iPad via my Linksys WiFi > Bitdefender Box2 > ISP router. Allows me to interact with my library and content, but it does not see the audio devices on my LAN > understandable as it is not in the BitDefender managed zone. Its odd that I can even see ROON at all… Still, not what one would want, obviously.

Scenario #2

• connecting ROCK to linksys LAN > BitDefender Box 2 > ISP router
    As soon as I plug it behind the Bitdefender Box 2 I lose ARC, but get LAN playback

Reason is obvious: different IP addresses as ISP router and Box 2 run DHPC.

• turning off DHPC on the ISP router did not resolve anything
  • cannot turn off DHPC on Box 2

I’m at a loss to make both work.

I tried to connect an additional network dongle to ROCK, but the ARC will default to the Box 2 LAN IP address. If only ARC could connect via the ISP LAN while in parallel ROON uses the Box 2 LAN

Anyone has this setup and can help out?

Love the ARC feature. ROON mobile is simply amazing!

Hi @DutchDuke ,

Thanks for reaching out and apologies for the delay in getting back to you here, it’s been quite busy since the 2.0 release and we’re working hard to get back to all our users.

This does sound like a multiple NAT situation, I suspect that something is not configured properly on the Bitdefender box if the direct ISP connection works fine. What is the model/manufactuer of your ISP box?

Do you have an option on the ISP router to put it into “Bridge Mode”?

No worries Noris. The new SW you guys are creating is awesome and that’s always prio #1

There are a gazzilion network setups so I’m just trying the crowdsourcing option.
Putting the ISP router in bridge modus disconnects the internet. Seems I need an ISP router with build in security as bitdefender is providing :confounded:

That’s a very interesting behavior, it shouldn’t, what model/manufacturer is the ISP router? Maybe there are some guides available that can help you out.

In this case, you may want to have your Linksys Mesh operating as the primary router. It may be currently set to Access Point mode, but if you set it to router mode and activate bridge mode on the ISP router it may do the trick.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.