Roon artwork disappearing

Roon Core Machine

Antipodes K50

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Verizon 5G home router

Connected Audio Devices

Antipodes K50 connected to network via Ether net cable. AES out to DAC.

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Since the last update I have all artwork disappearing on me. Roon plays all tracks. Just no pictures generate.
I recently switched to the Verizon 5G home internet. I did this at the same time Roon asked for an update. Ever since it hasn’t worked properly. However when I switch back to my old router using CenturyLink DSL all pictures come back. Any ideas what’s happening here?

Hey @Darrin_O_Neill,

Thanks for getting in touch with your question. We’d be happy to help!

I’m thinking that maybe you made a change in the old router that helped with this. Perhaps you changed the DNS Server you were using to either Google DNS (8.8.8.8.) or Cloudflare DNS (1.1.1.1) Does that sound familiar?

If you’d like to see me a Private Message (by clicking my profile icon)
Screen Shot 2022-02-04 at 3.31.47 PM

with some screenshots of your router configuration I’d be happy to take a look and get back to you!

Hi @Darrin_O_Neill,

Are your missing images primarily from streaming music, local files, or both?

Thank you as well for sending me those screenshots of your Router settings. I did notice that you had Google DNS (8.8.8.8.) configured for a setting on your Verizon router that wasn’t DNS. I would look for the DNS server setting on the router and see if you can set Google DNS there.

You may also want to see if you’re able to disable IPv6 on your router. We’ve seen customers have a range of improvements after doing that.

Please let me know if either of these steps help. I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.

Problem solved, Thank you so much Jamie, you are awesome. It was the ipv6 and DNS settings that took care of this

1 Like

Hey @Darrin_O_Neill,

Thank you so much for the update! I’m glad that things are working for you now. :v:t2:

Please feel free to reach out if you ever have any other questions or issues. We’re always happy to help. Happy listening :headphones:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.