Roon as control is no longer running - Intel HD Graphics 4000 [Resolved with driver update]

Core Machine (Linux Roon 1.7 Build 521 )
Network Details: GBit Ethernet, Broadcom NIC at Wire
Control: HP Probook 6570B, WIN10

roon as control - recent update (1.7 Build 521) for Windows 32 bit is no more running at my notebook and also the 64-bit Version ( not running).
Version build 511 was running fine: but today after an restart ( and automatic update to 521) the app is not responsible and hangs.
Again an issue with my graphics environment?
ok.
I discoverd the app version build 511 from my backup and all is working fine.
this is reproducible.
How can i freeze my roon version for this control?

Hi @Audioulf,

What kind of GPU does this remote device use? Are the graphics drivers up to date?

Are other remote devices working okay?

Intel HD Graphics 4000
other remotes are working okay.

Hi @Audioulf, I just had the same issues with the same GPU chipset, downloading and updating the driver manually fixed it for me as suggested by @Carl here: GUI Missing Text (Win 7 & Win 10)

Here’s the link I used: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/81499/Intel-HD-Graphics-4000

1 Like

Thank you for advice and link. This resolved this issue.
I deinstalled the old driver framework + reboot + install this newest driver framework for HD Graphis 4000.
Roon Build 521 is now running !!

Thanks for the update, @Audioulf!

I’m glad that things are working for you now! Please feel free to reach out if you ever have any other questions or issues. Happy listening :headphones:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.