Roon asking for backup but despite displaying backup file on my QNAP, Roon can't load it. Qnap working perfectly

Roon Core Machine

Roon Nucleus (rev B)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

QNAP TS253D
LUXUL SWITCH PANEL
DRAYTEK VIGOR 2860 router

Connected Audio Devices

Meridian sound system

Number of Tracks in Library

Approx 30,000 tracks

Description of Issue

When I tried to start Roon this morning I got a message saying I needed to load a backup. I located my last backup but Roon couldn’t load it. I turned the Nucleus on and off but Roon can’t seem to find the backup. Please see screenshot attached. My QNAP, which has all my music, is working fine.

Hey @Peter_Goodman,

Good to see you on the community! I’m sorry to hear you’re running into issues with your Nucleus.

This is odd behavior on its own. Did you see any other error messages prior to asking to restore from a backup? Was your Nucleus powered down for the night, and you were booting it up in the morning?

Did you by chance manage to check out the webUI of the Nucleus? Here is more info in case you haven’t yet:

If possible, can you bring the device back online so we can enable diagnostics? I’ll be on standby for your reply :+1:

Did this issue ever get resolved?
I have a client with a Nuclues that now asks him to load a backup everytime he starts up the unit. Unit was brought into me but worked fine in my troubleshooting, however I did use the time to setup a backup on his external drive to minimise loss in the event he may have to format, however as soon as he returned home (he lives hours away) the unit is again asking for a backup before he can proceed and use the unit properly. We havent done the most recent (last 24 hours) update.
Ideas?

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.