Roon Audio System Crash - DAC Will Not Connect

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Intel NUC Core I7 32 GB RAM

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Audio Research DAC8

Description Of Issue

Hi,

I just experienced a major glitch with Roon when in Audio settings for my DAC. I was changing volume control on my DAC ASIO to system and all the sudden all DAC audio devices disappeared. My DAC is the only device connected directly to my Roon Core NUC. The DAC devices (ASIO abd WASPI) now “blink” on and off every 5 seconds or so, but I cannot select any device to enable. I have tried restarting my PC (Roon Core), restoring Roon from backup, reinstalling Roon, etc. and nothing works. I’m literally dead in the water here. Please advise.

Hi @David_Quayle,

Welcome to the forum! Can you please use these instructions to send me a copy of your Roon logs for review?

Hello Noris,

I ended up solving the problem by restoring a system backup of my entire PC to a couple days prior, so the Roon log file would no longer show the issue that caused the problem. It started when I changed the DAC Asio Volume setting from DSP to System. At that point all the DAC devices disappeared and started blinking on and off every 5 sec. with an “enabling” message in red per uploaded screenshot. The pic was taken just when the DAC devices blinked on before disappearing again for 5 sec. All the devices including System Output that show “enabling” continuously blinked on/off and could not be selected to change settings.

BTW: after disappearing for 5 seconds the devises would only blink on momentarily (maybe 1/2 second) before disappearing again for 5 seconds. I had to time the attached picture perfectly to capture the devices just as they blinked on. Is this a known issue, and can it be fixed if it were to happen again?

1 Like

Hi @David_Quayle,

Thanks for sharing that screenshot!

No, this is not a known issue.

That is unfortunate, as the Roon logs would have greatly helped here. If this behavior re-occurs, can you please provide a set of Roon logs after the issue? Having the logs available would provide a lot of additional context.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.