Roon, B&W Formaton Duo + airplay

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

newest room running

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
eero wireless

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

B&W formation duo

Description Of Issue

I cannot get itunes to paly from my iphone or ipad with roon running? if I turn off roon itunes plays through my B&W formation speakers?

Hi @Dan_Angst,

Were you previously playing to the B&W speakers from Roon? Were they still selected as the audio device in Roon?

If you restart Roon while iTunes is playing to the speakers does playback stop?

Speaker were previously playing through the B&W Speakers (YES)…
The speakers were still selected as the audio device in Roon.
Tried restarting Roon but that didn’t make a difference.
I did get it working but had to reset the B&W speakers. I was hoping that the source (airplay in itunes) would automatically be switched (picked up) in Roon without any interaction from the user.

Hi @Dan_Angst,

Have you been in touch with Bowers about this issue? I had the team to some testing with Airplay and we are not finding that Roon prevents playback to Airplay devices from other sources, so it looks like something a little different is happening here.

Is this happening for you every time? Are there any special steps that seem to lead to this behavior happening consistently?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.