Roon Backup Fails

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac Mini running High Sierra 10.13.6

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

WiFi - Arris CM8200 Modem

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

McIntosh MAC6700 via USB

Description Of Issue

I joined Roon again about a month ago and most things work just fine, but I noticed Roon showing an error message that scheduled backups have failed. It just says “Error Backing Up Database.”

I previously was a Roon member back in 2017 and the same system used to backup just fine. However, since I have rejoined it has not backed up even once successfully. I am not sure why.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

I think @support is going to ask whether you are backing up locally, either on the same machine as Core or on a networked machine, or if you are backing up to Dropbox.

Also, can you print Settings==>Backups==>Scheduled Backups==>View?

Here’s mine, e.g. -

1 Like

You can see where the backups were going back in OCT 2017 when they worked before. Since I have rejoined Roon again it would not work, so I created a new folder. However, the backup still failed.

Hello @McRCN, and thanks for your report! Do your backups fail if you try the “backup now” option?

Yes. I just tried it again to make sure. I received “Error backing up database.”

Hello @McRCN, thanks for the quick reply! Let’s see if you have issues backing up to somewhere outside of the mac. Can you try one more time to do a backup to a USB drive? If that doesn’t work either, let’s enable diagnostics for your account and take a look!

Sorry, but no luck with the USB drive either. I received the same error message as before. Do you need for me to do anything on my end to enable the diagnostics or is that done from your end?

They do it at their end.

Ok great. Thanks for letting me know!

Hello @McRCN, I’m going to enable diagnostics for your account so we can get that report over. Thanks for your patience! In order to receive the report, your core will need to be active. After I get the report over to the team, I’ll come back with their thoughts. Thanks!

Hello again @McRCN, just letting you know the diagnostics were received and sent to the team. Thanks again!

Thanks for running the diagnostics. Hopefully, it will help provide a solution to my backup issue.

Any update or feedback on my issue from the team? My Roon Backup is still not working and I never heard anything.

Hello @McRCN, I heard back from them, could you please find this file:

/Users/MusicServer/Library/Roon/Database/Core/3bf0aa34c89f41e083ef42c6a607f68a/images_1/fj/sa/fjsaaaaa.jpg

Move it elsewhere, and try backing up again? Let me know if that allows you to produce backup copies, thanks!

Well I have good news to share. My backup finally worked. Thanks for your help in resolving the issue!

Hello @McRCN, that’s awesome! Please let us know if you need further assistance.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.