Roon Backup on a Desktop [Solved - Kaspersky + Reset Network Visibility]

Changed the hostnam, no different. Also tried to conect with a MAC, no luck with same reponse.

@Peter_Coles -

Also, it looks like the path should be \\HOMEOFFICE\Roon Backup2, with the space in between Roon and Backup. You may also need to check your workgroup, you can do this by pressing the Windows button in the bottom left, typing in Workgroup and selecting the option “Show which workgroup this computer is on”.

If this still does not work, do you have any antivirus or firewall applications on that PC? If so I would try temporarily disabling this as I have seen AV firewalls such as McAFee/Norton/Avira interfere with sharing folders on the network. Also, you can try temporarily disabling the Windows Defender firewall to see if that has any effect.

I rest all network services, now i get an unathorised error, so the path is correct. I have also changed my microsoft account password. Still no joy, i get the same repsonse on the mac. Disabled Firewall, i am now going to unistall kaspersky

1 Like

Hi @Peter_Coles - If the Windows PC doesn’t work and you don’t mind using the Mac as a backup location you can also use these instructions to set up the Mac as a network share. This should tell you if the issue is limited to just that PC.

I remove Kaspersky secure connection, which i never used and now it connects, This was the procedure to reset the network services https://www.thewindowsclub.com/network-computers-not-showing-in-windows-10

1 Like

Hello @Peter_Coles,

Glad to hear that since removing Kaspersky and resetting the PCs network visibility that this issue is resolved! Thanks for the update and wish you a continued great Roon experience!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.