Roon Core Machine

Synology DS918+ DSM 6.2.4
Attached SSD HD for core

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Eero router, ATT Fiber

Library Size

~250 GB

Description of Issue

Having issues backing up. At first I thought it was Dropbox, but I have connected/disconnected a few times and have several GB of space. I think shifted to a spot on my NAS, but that is also failing. Help?

Hello @Pyrexia,

Thanks for getting in touch and sharing the issue you’ve ran into. We’re sorry about the trouble. Since both backup locations are failing, it is unlikely that that is the issue.

If you haven’t yet, could you please try to fully reboot your Roon Core?

• Quit Roon
  • Turn off your Roon Core
  • Unplug the Core for a few minutes,
  • Plug it back in
  • Turn it on
  • Launch Roon
  • Retry backing up

Thanks in advance :pray:

Hi @Pyrexia

Were you able to give Rebeka’s suggestion a try? Any change?

Sorry for the delay here. I restarted the NAS, restarted Roon. Disconnected and connected the usb drive that houses the DB.

Still failing as of this morning. Should I manually back it up and reinstall?

Hi @Pyrexia - Can you please do this:

• Reboot your Core
  • Try backing up
  • After it fails, use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link (or any other file sharing service)

We’ll take a look at the logs once you’ve sent them .

Should I reply here or message you?

Hi @Pyrexia, Either place works

Just messaged you. Thanks!

Thanks, @Pyrexia — I’ll take a look at those soon and will respond with feedback ASAP.

Thanks for all of your help!

Hi @Pyrexia, I just wanted to let you know that I reviewed the logs, but I need a bit more information from our QA team on what’s happening here. I have a meeting scheduled with them and after I get their feedback I’ll follow up ASAP.

Sounds good!

Hi @Pyrexia,

Do you have any non-USB drives you can use to install Roon on? Based on what the team is seeing, they think it might be (at least partially) due to the limitations of having Roon installed on a USB-connected drive.

I do! Well, I was actually prepping a Mac mini to run core. So maybe this is the time?

I’d definitely give that a try, @Pyrexia. Let us know if there is any change after doing so!

That seemed to work, but was a total redo moving from running Roon on my server to my Mac mini. But, it worked! Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.