Roon becomes unresponsive on iMac Ventura

Roon Core Machine

iMac, Ventura 13.1
Roon 2.0 (build 1193).

[Sorry, I’m not a tekki; I bought consumer software - isn’t Roon consumer software? - so didn’t expect that when I need help I need provide all this tech info.]

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Wifi.

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

All works fine playing back to a Roon-Ready device.
Let Roon sit for some time; at the latest 24 hours later, it has become completely unresponsive: only way I know to quit is use ActivityMonitor Force Quite; I agree to send report and restart.
Repeat…

Help please.
Thank you!

For Roon to operate, the core—your iMac—needs to be powered on at all times. I suspect your iMac is going to sleep, which is why Roon is unresponsive.

You can adjust this behaviour in System Preferences > Power Management.

Happend to me also. I suspect it is osx management. When I did not use Roon I just quit. When moved to a only roon Mac mini still issues if goes to sleep, osx wakes up for LAN but Roon not so it is unresponsive. As @Martin_Webster said one solution is to not let Mac sleep. If you do not want this just quit roon when not using it.

Install the amphetamine app. It keeps Macs awake and prevents the HDD from going to sleep.
(Works with MacBooks when you close them as well)

Hi @Peter_Schindler,

I wanted to check in on this thread, as others in the community have provided excellent next troubleshooting steps. Let me know if the above helps! :pray:

A post was split to a new topic: Roon (2.0 build 1223) and Ventura 13.2.1 (Mac silicon) have become unstable

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.