Roon begins to start and then shuts of its own

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Nucleus+

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
I too am facing a nightmare of a situation with the Roon on windows 10 since yesterday , maybe post some windows update. Started Roon after few days. Roon begins to start and then shuts of its own,

Had to go to 2 clients to help configure DSP on the Nucleus+.

With great difficulty had fixed up appointments with clients. Now will need to wait and tie-up again. I desperately needed to have the Roon running on my laptop again.
Happened for the first time, never faced any issue earlier.
Kindly help resolve.

Regards,

Hi,

The Roon @support team prefer one topic per customer’s issue… so they are able to track it and focus on each individual problem. hence I split out your topic.

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Hi @sanjay_thakur,

Welcome to the forum! Some more details as per @Carl’s post would be appreciated so that we can better understand your issue.

It sounds like the Windows PC is only acting as a Roon Client for Nucleus Cores, is this correct? When Roon starts and shuts down, do you see any error messages?

Please refer to the files as required.

1 Like

Hi @sanjay_thakur,

Thanks for sending those logs over. I took a look through the Windows Event Viewer logs and I’m seeing a .NET error. Can you please check to ensure you have the latest .NET framework?

Hi,
Thanks.

Get this
Details

.NET Framework 4.8 or a later update is already installed on this computer.

Regards,

A post was merged into an existing topic: Roon remote no longer works after updating Windows 10

Hi @sanjay_thakur,

Thank you for checking the .NET version. Next we should see if your AMD drivers are up to date. Please navigate to this page to install the latest drivers for this PC:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/previous-drivers/graphics/amd-radeon-r5-series/amd-radeon-r5-400-series/amd-radeon-r5-m430

If that still does not resolve the issue, you can try to open Roon with the other graphics card on your PC, see this guide for further details:

Hi,

The Roon just started working on my laptop after the AMG graphics card update.

Thanks a ton for all your help .

Cheers and Regards,
sanjay

1 Like

Hi @sanjay_thakur,

That’s fantastic news, thanks for letting us know the graphics driver update helped!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.