Roon + Bluesound problems [fixed by BluOS update]

Hi Chris,
In theory you are correct. In practice however I experienced speakers playing out of sync and that issue has not been resolved yet, so I understand.

But to clarify: I was trying to provide an answer to Markus’s question why Bluesound should invest effort in Roon integration. My answer is that it should make many owners of Bluesound hardware happy to have better controller software. It could also draw in new customers that are hesitant because of the poor (or very basic) software Bluesound currently provides.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Can’t ungroup Bluesound devices in Roon

Having just stumbled upon this issue I’m curious how things stand at the moment. Any news from Bluesound? And is there any way we as a community can put some pressure on them finding a solution?

Nothing at all since the link in my previous post. It is extremely frustrating for those of us experiencing it - requests for an update are simply ignored. @brian I don’t suppose you have heard anything to suggest any progress here?

Thank you very much for the reply, very frustrating indeed. At least it is good to know that people are aware of the problem. Let’s hope they are on the case and will resolve this soon so we can have the full multiroom Roon experience. Patience is a virtue and all that…

BluOS 3 has been announced as coming soon and this major upgrade may well include fixes.

Perhaps…I’ll go with that optimism for now :wink: My gut feeling though is that everything else will have been de-prioritised to get the new whizzy features out.

So todays BluOs 3.0 release notes state:

• Updated Roon protocol for improved streaming performance and stability

We’ll see tonight… :pray:

Just updated all BS players and app, then combined two Nodes and a Pulse Soundbar within Roon. It took about a few seconds for the music to go out of sync. So, despite Bluesound folks having found the root cause of the issue a few months ago it was not fixed with release 3.0.

How very disappointing…again :slightly_frowning_face:

Yeah, same here. Didn’t take longer than 5 seconds to reproduce the sync bug. :disappointed:

I have a Pulse 2 and Pulse Mini with no sync issues. Just a FYI. Synced in BluOS just now for TV.

It is reported the MQA problem still exists.

What is this? I’ve had full MQA decoding with Roon on both NAD and Bluesound products for a little while…

From what I’ve been told MQA files passed from Roon do not do the full MQA decode with BlueSound devices.

It does on my Pulse 2
It seems like the Pulse Mini has an issue. The Pulse 2 is fine. Pulse Mini no longer rendering MQA.

The flex is also not decoding Mqa from Roon.

@support I am sure my Pulse mini used to work with MQA before this latest upgrade?

If I change the setting to Renderer the results is the same.

My Flex never did. But it’s a known issue already reported to Blusound who were able to reproduce the problem. They gave me no date for a fix. I had hoped the 3.0 version would solve it. Still it’s not a big deal for me. Still love my Flex and get the first unfold from Roon.

Ah, got it.
Well, given the inherent acoustic limitations of a $500 and under table-top radio, I find it extremely unlikely one would actually be able to discern any benefits from further unfolds above 96kHz. (no offense intended to anyone. I like those little speakers and use a Pulse and Flex myself).

Even on fairly expensive stereo’s, I have found additional “rendered” unfolds above and beyond the Core decoding result in pretty darn subtle improvements in overall SQ.

I’d actually be amazed if there was any difference to hear on the full-sized Pulse. (easy to test: just turn off MQA within Roon setup on the Pulse set-up screen).

What’s critical for me is that all the “non-speaker” Bluesound and NAD products now play friendly with MQA and Roon. (As far as I can tell).