Roon + Bluesound problems [fixed by BluOS update]

Hey folks – Eric discussed this thread (and a few other Bluesound threads) with myself and our developers, and so I wanted to provide a little update about status.

• We’re currently aware of two issues affecting Bluesound’s Roon integration – an issue related to syncing between multiple devices, and some more generalized stability issues that tend to be resolved with a reboot of the Bluesound device

• Bluesound is working to release a new version of their firmware that includes an updated version of RAAT – this version of RAAT contains fixes that we hope address both issues but, like all of our partners, obviously we can’t make commitments about their release schedule

• If the new firmware goes live and either of these issues persists, we will of course investigate further and work closely with Bluesound to get this resolved, like we always do

I also want to acknowledge we understand how frustrating these kinds of issues can be, and we wish we could guarantee dates when issues will be resolved – anyone that has even a passing familiarity with software or hardware development knows these things almost always take an indeterminate amount of time.

Our support team routinely works with our customers and partner companies to identify and resolve complex issues in our ecosystem. When an issue involves a partner company’s hardware or software we’re often happy to take the lead communicating status as we work through the issue, so our shared customers aren’t caught going back and forth.

Just keep in mind that just because we’re communicating status, that doesn’t mean every issue is under our control or something we can solve unilaterally.

Thanks all!

7 Likes