Roon + Bluesound problems [fixed by BluOS update]

So, today is the day that we should see a BluOs release, hopefully with that RAAT update…

[EDIT] BluOs 2.16.1 was rolled out today. Could not test Roon just yet…

Downloading now. Still RAAT SDK Version 1.1.15 after download.

Really??? That is really very disappointing… :frowning:

(how do you check the RAAT version within BluOs?)

1 Like

Here is a screen shot.

Thanks a lot! I was looking within BluOS, but of course Roon is the place to look.

I’m so disappointed the SDK wasn’t updated with this release. Probably another 3 months waiting for the next BluOS release (and hoping this issue will be addressed then).

Agreed, I had my hopes up…

This is so frustrating - hard to feel that the issues are being remotely prioritised by Bluesound :disappointed:

well, I’m just testing, but it seems that last update did improve if not solve the syncing issue for me. playing for 15 minutes in sync now. before, it was out of sync within 30secs.

are you still experiencing the same problem?

ok, that sounded too good to be true, and it was… after 23 minutes it started drifting again. :frowning:

Very disappointing for sure :frowning:

The longer this goes the less likely Bluesound will have me as a customer.

1 Like

Yup, problem unchanged for me :disappointed:

The release notes are up.

It is particularly disappointing that Bluesound haven’t seen fit to comment on the absence of these promised changes. Whilst Bluesound gave me the step up I needed to engage with digital music, before encountering Roon, with hindsight I now wish I’d taken a different route.

1 Like

Same feelings here.
I was following the bluesound forum discussions prior to the latest update. My understanding was that “upcoming RAAT fixes” would improve operation with Roon. There was always some (strange) lack of clarity in the info provided as to whether the latest RAAT sdk would be included or not. Unless I have missed something it now appears that no RAAT updates / fixes / improvements have been included in the latest Bluesound update. In addition, there appears to be no indication of if / when the RAAT update will finally happen. Unless I have missed something and this is not the case?

Thinking that Bluesound were about to roll out RAAT updates I was ready to purchase a Pulse 2 and another Flex but obviously not anymore. I really wish that I could replace all my Roon zones with Pi 3 based systems but the latter are not exactly compact in the way of a Pulse Flex or a Play 1. I guess I will be keeping my sonos speakers and connect for multiroom listening that stays in sync.

Looking at the Discussion forum, Bluesound apparently is working on adding DSD playback and fixing Roon problems.

However, no timeline is given, which is disappointing.

This latest release looks to resolve problems with NAD adaptations of Bluesound OS.

Indeed, though note too that there are also no plans to support DSD via Roon, just via the Windows Desktop App.

1 Like

The silence over at BlueSound is deafening…

Well, since previous promises have failed to deliver, it would be hard to have confidence in anything they say…however, a polite acknowledgement of the ongoing situation would be a start. I continue to feel that the unqualified label of “Roon Ready” is a little misleading.

1 Like

100% agreed. “Roon Not So Ready” (assuming synchronised multi-room playback can be considered as a core functionality)