Roon, Bluesound, Qobuz glitch

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Laptop. Please see previous support via Noris.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Asus 3100. Core is wi-fi, bluesound Vault2i is ethernet, ungrouped; Bluesound Powernode2i & pulsemini2i are grouped and wi-fi.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Bluesound Vault2i, Powernode2i, pulsemini2i, audiophile (paradigm) speakers.

Description Of Issue
Roon is apparently recognizing my Bluesound devices but no sound. Qobuz plays via my core (laptop speakers) but not via my endpoint speakers. However, weirdly enough, when I use my cell phone Qobuz app it plays back through my endpoint speakers. All the while Roon doesn’t recognize what Qobuz is playing; i.e. Roon silently streaming my selections as if it can no longer recognize Qobuz.

All strange, please help, thank you.

Have you restarted your Core machine?

Hi @Keith_Ewing,

As suggested above, do you notice any change after rebooting the Core machine?

Are you able to play Qobuz content to other endpoints (like System Output) without issue?

Does non-Qobuz content play to these devices okay?

Thanks for the help. Indeed, whenever I encounter this problem - since ungrouping my Vault2i it rarely happens - my routine is to reboot all the Bluesound devices and, if that fails after a couple tries, then I reboot the core. This time, I gave up in frustration, shut the laptop off and went to bed. Next morning, everything functioned properly. Crazy. But resolved. Thanks again.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.