Roon breaks and can't find my endpoint half the time since update to 1.8

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

AMD Ryzen 12 core 32gig PC

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Sparky w/ roon endpoint

Description Of Issue

My main Roon endpoint, running on a Sparky USBridge, which has worked perfectly until the recent update to 1.8, now suddenly disappears from Roon at random moments. When im starting up Roon it may or may not find it. Also in the middle of playing music, the music will regularly just stop halfway a song after which the endpoint is not visible in roon (still perfectly accessible in the network otherwise) and nothing fixes this but a hardware reboot.

Needless to say, after a few weeks of dealing with this and trying to find solutions, I am now extremely frustrated with my music playing experience. I have been a happy paying customer for Roon for close to 5 years now, but at this point, I am ready to throw it overboard, cancel my membership forgood and buy or build a system that actually works. The response to my earlier service requests about this issue has not helped at all and at this point I’m losing hope that this is an issue that will be fixed.

I have rarely enjoyed using a software program as much as I enjoyed Roon until a few weeks ago, but it seems like we are about to break up. Going back to previous versions that does work doesn’t seem to be an option either.
I’m not trying to sound bitter here but I kindof am, paying well over 100€ a year for a music player that can barely play a single album before failing is not making me a happy customer. I have turned off auto-renewal of my subscription while I wait for either this to be resolved or I find another solution.

Best regards,
Alexander

A post was merged into an existing topic: Roon randomly stops playing music