Roon Bridge developer identity problems [fixed]

After downloading and installing ROON Bridge on my 2013 IMac computer, I receive an error message Roon Bridge cannot be opened becaudese the identity of the developer cannot be confirmed

Just a guess but do you have internet connectivity from the MAC?

Yes I have internet connectivity

Hi Tom,

I assume the file is in your download folder in your dock. Drag the file to the desktop and then right click on it, then select Open. It should give you a warning, but still allow you to open it.

See if that works.

Cheers, Greg

Oops, sorry. I see that you got it installed.

Still try and right clicking on the program and select open and see if that works.

Cheers, Greg

Looking into this… this wasnt a problem before, and it is now, with the same files. Our developer/distribution certificate doesn’t expire until end of Feb, so unsure what is going on…

If you go into System Preferences > Security and Privacy > General which option do you have selected in the “Allow apps downloaded from” section at the bottom?

As Greg pointed out, right-clicking the app should allow you to force it to open.

we found the problem… we will issue new builds today with a fix. in meanwhile, you can rightclick or control-click and select open from the menu, that will give you an option to open the app anyway

…and 1.3 is out

This topic was automatically closed after 24 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.