Roon Bridge End Points Not Found

Roon Core Machine

NUC i7, well provisioned

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Arris Surfboard, Archer AX50, generic switch for ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Ethernet from router to core (NUC), usb to stereo (Roon discovers & is working fine)
WiFi to two W10 NUC endpoints (missing in action)

Number of Tracks in Library

~approx 10K, but library is not the issue

Description of Issue

Previously, two windows 10 NUC endpoints with RoonBridge were working, alongside the wired Core-USB-DAC-main system. Now, Roon does not discover the RoonBride endpoints. So far as I can tell, they are all connected to the same WiFi. Everything has been restarted multiple times, in every conceivable order. All are plugged in and turned on (feel like I need to answer that one before you ask).

Unsure if this is a Core problem (Core reports that Ethernet and Wireless are both configured & wireless is enabled), Bridge problem, WiFi problem/router problem, or Windows problem on the endpoint NUCs.

Windows 10 updates occassionally disrupt network and/or firewall settings on PCs (or NUCs in your case). Are all the W10 NUCs patched or otherwise updated to the same configuration, or fo you know if Microsoft pushed some updates to them? Not sure this is the (only) reason, but it may be worth looking into each NUC’s network and firewall settings.

Hi Robert_F,
Thanks for this suggestion. The endpoint NUCs are up to date with Windows updates…but which network settings in particular would be in question? (I’m not sure that running without any firewalls is a good idea, for e.g.)

I would make sure that exceptions are made on each NUC’s firewall to allow Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe traffic. Also, you may want to check and confirm that each network connection is set to “Private Network” in the network settings.

This article may help:

2 Likes

Hey @16KHz

Thank you for getting in touch, and welcome back to Community! It’s been a while, we’re happy to have you but sorry to see that it was an issue that prompted your visit.

In checking your system diagnostics it appears that you were able to get your bridge NUCs restored and have been enjoying music. Can you please update us on your current status? If you’re still having trouble and need help we’re happy to lend a hand! Thanks!

1 Like

much appreciated

Janie,
The problem persisted until the most recent update arrived (either Roon OS V.1 build 227 or Roon Server v1.8 build 998); after, its working perfectly. Thanks for following up!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.