Roon Bridge on iMac not returning from Sleep

I have my wife’s iMac which is running Catalina configured to run Roon Bridge 1.7 which then sends data via USB to a DAC. When her computer goes to sleep Bridge does not come back online. I then need to manually restart it . It is already set to run on startup.

Is this expected behavior or can this be fixed?

Thanks!

Hi @mourip,

When the iMac restarts, do you still see Roon Bridge running in the system tray? If you left-click or right-click on it, do you see any status listed for Roon Bridge?

When the iMac is pulled out of sleep the icon is still in the icon bar at the top of the Mac OS screen. It says " RoonBridge Status: running" however the font is a light grey. I do have it set to run at startup. On other Control devices the bridge has disappeared.

I then need to quit Bridge and restart it for it to become available again.

Thanks.

Hi @mourip,

Can you please reproduce this behavior, note the exact local time + date when the iMac is pulled out of sleep and then send me a copy of your RoonBridge logs by using these instructions?

Note: The above instructions are for the general Roon app, but you should be able to find a RoonBridge folder in the database location which contain Roon Bridge logs.

The best way to get these logs over would be via Dropbox / Google Drive but if you don’t have either, just let me know and I can provide alternate upload instructions.

Thanks Noris. I will try this today.

Is there a way for me to send you the Dropbox link without posting it here?

I have the log files zipped and ready. Thanks!

Hi @mourip,

I will start a private message thread with you and you can post the Dropbox link there, thanks!

Hi @mourip,

Thanks for sending those logs over, I have forwarded them to the QA team who is looking into this behavior further and will attempt to reproduce your findings. I will let you know once I have more info to share, thanks!

1 Like