Roon Bridge on Mac OSX restart loop

Symptoms: RoonBridge status bouncing between Not Started and Running. It turns out that one of the processes RAATServer is going into a restart loop:

/Applications/RoonBridge.app/RAATServer --debug --gc=sgen --server RAATServer.exe

Nothing of note in the log file with only 1 line:

11/06 13:04:51 Info: Starting RAATServer v1.0 (build 167) stable on macosx

Good news is that I found this workaround: run the same command line manually by first changing the current directory to the one where RAATServer.exe is located:

cd /Applications/RoonBridge.app/Contents/Resources
/Applications/RoonBridge.app/RAATServer --debug --gc=sgen --server RAATServer.exe

This works perfectly.

I suspect the root cause is that RAATServer.exe could not be located in the search path of the scripted start up. Can someone please take a look at this? Not sure if this is specific to my OSX version, listed below:

OS X El Capitan 10.11.6
Mac mini (Early 2009) Macmini3,1

Yes a bit old but less is more :slight_smile: This is more than enough to run Roon Bridge. BTW very happy to report that SQ is comparable to my current Pure Music setup.

Thanks,
CK

Hi @C.K_Tse,

Thanks for the report! I have enabled diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here. The next time Roon Bridge is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

So I can make sure to get all of the relevant information over to the team, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Thanks!