Roon browser sees no folders on host machine

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

ELAC Discovery DS-S101-G
ROON Essentials

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

ELAC Discovery connected directly to Netgear router port

iMac connected via wifi to router

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Analog 1 connected to McIntosh C34V preamp

Description Of Issue

When setting up Roon Essentials, Add Folder, the resulting page comes up blank, with no folders or drives listed. The only option showing is “Add network Share”

Can’t access any music

Hello @Fred_Burtt,

Where is the music you are trying to access stored? Is it on a USB drive connected to the ELAC Discovery Server? Or is it stored on your computer?

-John

It’s on a usb drive plugged into the iMac computer

The problem is that no folders/drives of any kind are available on the Roon browser

Hello @Fred_Burtt,

I’ve included a link with instructions on how to add folder on your Mac to the Roon Library on the ELAC Discovery Server.

https://kb.roonlabs.com/FAQ:_How_do_I_create_a_shared_folder_on_Mac_and_add_it_as_a_watched_folder_in_Roon%3F

The idea here is that you need to create a “shared” network folder on your Mac so that the ELAC Discovery Server can “see” it on the network. Once you have created the “share” on the Mac, you then go to the “Add Network Share” screen in Roon and point it at the folder on the Mac. Once you have done this the ELAC should start to scan the folder for media and import it into its Roon library.

-John

I followed the directions to set up sharing and add a network share, but it won’t connect.

error message: could not connect to share: Host not found

Hello @Fred_Burtt,

What address did you enter in the “Network Share Location” textbox?

-John

Freds-iMac.local/music

correction-

smb://Freds-iMac.local/music

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.