Roon can not find Tidal MQA Sgt. Pepper with the Beatles

… but I found it in Tidal (Mac), and added to my Favorites and therefor also can use it in AudirvanPlus (Mac). But Roon can´t fint it anywhere… strange… should Roon not look into Tidal as well as A+ does?

Hey @KnockKnock,

Sorry for the troubles here. As mentioned in our documentation on the subject, the TIDAL content you see in Roon is not a direct pass through of TIDAL content, but actually Roon’s TIDAL database. That’s why there’s so much more metadata, like recording dates, lyrics, links to composers, credits, etc.

This database is generated multiple times per week, but in some cases albums may barely miss the cut-off and so it takes a couple days to appear in Roon. The next time this generates you’ll be seeing the album in Roon.

Regards,
Dylan

Thanks Dylan

That clarifies it. And thanx for a great product. Keep up the good work, man. :smiley:

KnockKnock

1 Like

Good to know that Sgt Pepper is now MQA. I have a question about that though.

I thought that a publisher could not pick and choose which titles were going to be MQA. I was under the understanding that if a label made 1 title available in MQA that they were suppose to make their entire catalog available in MQA.

Is this correct?

–MD

I was very surprised to see this in MQA format without any fanfare whatsoever. However, in terms of catalog, this is the Giles Martin 2017 remix so the master is fresh, so to speak. I think it’s a good bet that the original Beatles catalog Crown Jewels are undergoing a full white glove MQA treatment; and quite right too.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.