Roon can not longer recongnize Ayre (QB-9) or my dragonfly cobalt after upgrade

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
PC to Dragonfly then headphones.
PC to Ayer QB-9 and Qb-9 to Audio Research pre amp.

Description Of Issue
Roon does not see not Dragonfly at all.
My PC shows it when I click on the arrow to connect it but it just spins all day and that is it.

Sorry first part should read Roon does not see the Dragonfly.

I just tested my Dragonfly Cobalt plugged into Dell laptop USB with Sony headphones and all is good. Did you try rebooting your computer?

Hi @walter_borowski_boro,

Are you still able to see your other zones and just the Dragonfly is affected?
What kind of Operating System is your Core running?
Any change with a reboot of the Core?

Hi Noris nice hear from you again it’s Walter . I had this problem back in 2019 april you we with Ok to Jim yes I reboot my computer . I have two zones my bluesound my node 2 and pules . Gut if I to setting , in audio see the bluesound zones working and see pc when I click on the arrow onthe rigth it says refreshing and never stop searching . As for dragonfly it dose not show up .The Operating System is the same pc Asus and roon core is on it . The last time we fix this problem I had to find the RAATServer folder and name it RAATServerold and everything good . Evan the dragonfly I bought at christmas . I check the RAATServer old it’s still there . But noticed RAATServer above it dataed 2020 /6/18 isthis the problem does it need ot be renamed . I hope we can fix once and for all and not have to do the same next year.

Hi Noris sorry for the e-mail I was trying to email you , talk to a friend and take a phone call . So I will do this point form . (1) I had this problem back in april 2019 and you help me with it . (2) OK yes Jim I try rebooting my computer . (3) I have two zone both bluesound . (4) Should read { And if I go to setting and I click on audio I see my two bluesounds and I see my pc and when I click on the arrow on the rigth itsays refreshing and it never stop searching . (5) The dragonfly dose not show up . (6) Operating System same as last time Asus pc with roon core on it . The last time we fix this as I said I had to find the RAATServer folder and rename it RAATServerold and everything was working . As I said I notice a RAATServer fold above it . I think the date is rigth . So should this folder be rename too. I hpoe this clears thing up . I will not do three thing at the same time again .

Nice to hear from you, yes I recall our thread from the past :slight_smile: .
Can you check to see if RAATServer is still listed as an exception in your Windows Firewall?

Since you are using a Windows PC, I would verify that both Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe have been added as exceptions to your Windows firewall.

You can use these instructions to add the exceptions and the executables themselves would be located in your Database Location/Application folder path.

I would also add these exceptions to any Antivirus or other Firewall blocking applications you may have and ensure that you connected to your network via a Private network, not a Public one, see this guide for more information.

I have sometimes seen Windows Updates remove Roon/RAATServer from the exceptions list. You could also try the RAATServer refresh once more to see if it helps this time around as well:

You can generate a new RAATServer instance on your device by following these instructions, but please be aware that this will reset your Roon Settings -> Audio Tab to factory settings and I would advise making a backup of any custom DSP settings you have:

• Create a Backup of your current Roon database

• Exit out of Roon

• Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location

• Find the folder that says “RAATServer”

• Rename the “RAATServer” folder to “RAATServer_old”

• Restart the Roon App to generate a new RAATServer folder

Hi Noris I check to see if RAATServer is still listed as an exception in my windows firewall and all check marks are in place so yes it is still in place .

Can you please try to manually re-add the exceptions? Sometimes the exceptions are referencing older builds of the Roon app and I’d like to confirm that the current build is the one that is added as the exception.

Hi Noris sorry for the delay was enjoying the day . I went to windows deferder firewall and click on allow app through windows . I found the Roon app and unclick roon and lick it back on and nothing changed . One quick question I open both pulic and private setting do both need to be open and should I close the pulic one for security.

Thank you for your time
Walter

Hi @walter_borowski_boro.

No worries. In my previous message, I was suggesting you re-add them manually, not just ticking the check mark.

This means click on Allow Another App… -> Browse -> Paste this in the header %localappdata%/Roon/Application
Add Roon.exe
Add RAATServer.exe

Ok so go to Windows deferder firewall click on allow another app . Ok so on thr srceen that says allow apps to communicate through windows defender firewall . Ok I click on changs setting do I click on the allow another app… at the bottom right on the srceen . Ok so if I click the allow another app… I go to the next screen which says at top Add an App . Not sure about what to do here . OK so just under that it says select the you want to add , or click on the brower to find the one that is not listed . OK under that is App in the box nothing is listed . Ok under that it says path in the box next to it I can not type anything in . To the left is the browser if I click on this It open a new srceen it says browser on top and this it this pc and ot right is a search bar if put the address in box under it , iit ssays libraries, this pc . custom and files content . At the bottom is a box ( file name) if put the address in there it tell me the file name is not vilid and if I go back to the srceen that says add an app at the bottom rigth is an add box if I click on this nothing happens . I will need step by step instructions on how to do this .

Tank you for your time
Walter

I’ll do you one better, I have sent you a .GIF of the process.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.