Roon can’t connect to remote devices

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Hp laptop Core i5, only used as Roon Core, no other uses.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Router from local Provider 400Mb/s

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

BluOs, hardwired to internet

Description Of Issue

We can connect with mobile devices to Roon Core, but as soon as these devices go into standby mode, the connection is lost and cannot be regained, unless we reboot the remote devices completely. We initially thought it had to do with VPN, because that is what we read everywhere, but even after shutting VPN down, the issue remains.

Hello @Bas_Jansen,

What kind of Roon Remote devices are you using? Can you let me know the model/manufacturer and if they are on the newest version?

Does force-quitting the app and opening it again trigger any change in behavior? What is the model/manufacturer of your router?

We are using iPad Pro, and two iPhone 8 which are all updated to the latest iOs versions. Besides that we have also a Network Enhancer from Linksys Velop connected to our router. Thanks for looking into it!

Hi @Bas_Jansen,

Thanks for letting me know those additional details. Does rebooting the iOS app also resolve the issue (press home button twice and “swipe away” the Roon app)?

Does the issue only occur when the iOS devices are connected to the extender? How is the Core connected here, is it on WiFi or Ethernet? Is the behavior the same when the Core is on Ethernet if on WiFi?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.