Roon cannot be found on my network

Roon Core Machine

nucleus+, internal 1 terabyte add, music on usb connected 2 terabyte ssd (SanDisk - Extreme Portable 2TB External USB-C NVMe SSD); iMac, M1 processor, 8gb memory

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Orbi RBR850, with one satellite connected to Spectrum docsis 3.1 modem

Connected Audio Devices

Bose soundbar via airplay, oppo dac connected via Ethernet, oppo Bluetooth speaker connected via airplay, two HomePods (Apple) connected via Airplay. iMac connected via Wi-Fi.

Number of Tracks in Library

Appprox 23000 lossless files

Description of Issue

Latest update disallowed connection to Nucleus + via all remotes (iPhone X (IOS 16.1,1), iPad PRO M1, 12” (IOS 15.5, and iMac (MAC OS 13.0.1)). At some point, Orbi reported Nucleus+ as being offline. ORBI was rebooted frequently. Wi-Fi was rebooted, Nucleus + was switched on then off, MAC OS rebooted several times, IOS devices similarly rebooted. Ethernet cables were replaced. All to no avail.

@Mike_Contreras, welcome to the community and sorry to hear about the issues. A fellow user here, but can you confirm your Nucleus Plus is operating and connected to your network?

When you say the update “disallowed connection”, can you confirm what version of Roon you are running on your Nucleus Plus, your iMac, and your iPhone/iPad? The current versions are Roon 2.0 Build 1148 on the Nucleus/Plus and Mac, and Build 1148 on the iOS Roon Remote applications. If any of these are not on 1148, then the Core cannot communicate with that Remote.

Nucleus Plus contains the most recent update. I believe version 2 build 1148. I am assuming that the remotes were also updated inasmuch as I elected to have all devices updated once the update notification dialogue box was presented. Now, of course, whenever I invoke the Roon app, no software information is presented.

One item I did not mention was that attaching my tv to nucleus via hdmi output port was unsuccessful. The tv reported no signal. The lights behind the power button, and on either side of the Ethernet port appear to be functioning, so power is being applied to the unit, but now, Nucleus Plus no longer appears on Orbi’s device manager list.

This sounds like it could be a hardware issue on the Plus. When did you purchase it, and was this from Roon directly or a dealer? If the former we can tag support for assistance, if the latter you may need to contact your dealer first.

I rather suspected it was hardware-related. I purchased it from a dealer approximately 8/19/21.

I’ll check with the dealer. Thank you.

1 Like

Mike, I had a similar problem when my Nucleus Plus stopped responding. I had my Windows-based computer check on it and it said that the Nucleus Plus was not responding. I couldn’t see it on the network. Then I looked carefully at the troubleshooting recommendations and found that I could not see lights at the ethernet receptacle on the Nucleus plus. They should be flashing. I then noticed that the plug seemed to be unseated for some reason, so I reseated it and voila! Everything works. It could be something as simple as a connection gone awry. Check it out!!!

1 Like

Thanks, Michael, I’ll certainly do that. As I was fiddling with connections, etc., I remember how difficult the finned design of the cabinet made it to hold properly. Cheers!

Hey @Mike_Contreras,

It’s great to see you on the Roon Community! You have my sincerest apologies for the delayed response here, we’ve been dealing with a higher-than-usual volume following our release and we’re working as quickly as we can to get back to everyone.

Following up on this thread, I wanted to see if you were still having issues with your Nucleus+? If possible, can you give it a hard reboot (power down and unplug for a few minutes) and re-try plugging it into a monitor via HDMI?

Are you able to access the webUI on the Nucleus?

I’ll be on standby for your reply :+1:

Hi Benjamin! Thanks for your message. I spoke with someone else on your staff and they determined that the Nucleus+ was at fault. So, I’ve returned it to the dealer who I imagine will forward it to Roon. I’ll keep you apprised as this process continues. Merry Christmas, Mike

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.