Roon cannot detect Audio-gd NFB11.28 on Windows 10 after reinstall

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Roon 1.6 latest
Core is installed with NUC Rock

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
I recently re-install my system to allow dual boot. (Windows 10 + Ubuntu).

Before reinstall, USB DAC is connected to Windows 10 directly. It has no problem to use Roon to playback via USB.

However after re-install, Windows 10 can detect Amanero driver (Audio-gd DAC use Amanero USB interface), Windows has no problem to playback via USB DAC, but just Roon cannot detect this DAC anymore. I installed the same Amanero driver as before.

Another note is on this same computer, Roon on another operating system Ubuntu (dual boot) recognize Audio-gd DAC, and I can play music with Roon on Ubuntu (I used Wine to run Roon software on Ubuntu).

To me, seems the USB connection between DAC and Computer is fine since Windows 10 itself and Ubuntu recognize the DAC, but just Roon on Windows 10 doesn’t have Audio-gd DAC in the device list. Anyone has idea how to fix this?

I have restared computer many times, also restarted routers, roon core many times too.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Hi @Paul_L,

Can you share a screenshot of your Roon Settings -> Audio tab please? You can upload screenshots here by using these instructions.

I would also make sure that you have added both Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe as exceptions to your Windows firewall and any other firewalls you may have on the Windows machine.

You can find instructions for this step in this link and Roon/RAATServer.exe are located in the Database Location/Applications path.

@noris Thanks for your help. I took a look at the Windows Firewall, and indeed after I enabled everything for Roon and RAATServer, the dac shows up as one of the device in “audio” settings. now I am able to play back with Roon.

thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.