Roon cannot find any audio devices

Core Machine

Roon Version 1.8 (build 795) stable (64bit)

Network Details

Audio Devices

So far I have heard music through the Denon DA-300USB and the ONKYO AV Receiver TX-SR875.

Library Size

Description of Issue

I want to install Roon on my Windows 10 64 bit PC and play the audio files on my PC. When installing Roon, no audio output devices are displayed on the Audio tab. I cannot play audio files because Roon cannot find any audio devices.

Try to “wake up” the other devices with another app. :wink:
I.e. example I had problems to connect to Bluesound equipment and when I used the Bluesound app and went into settings and WLAN without changing anything, without WLAN in use, it worked for Roon to get the connection. Maybe this helps - good luck.

Hello @Reinhard_Schulz and welcome to the Roon community :wave:

Thanks for letting us know of the issue you ran into. We’d love to help.

A very quick question, does your Windows 10 PC see those devices outside of Roon?

P.S. Thank you @Peter_Kuehnel for sharing what worked for you :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Hi @beka,
thanks, you’re welcome. Just trying to help.

Just to share information - in my case the other equipment was seen by the PC out of roon, but it looked like the PC would have had a brain and got used to it - so the incidents dropped and after a while roon mentioned the connections! :wink:
By the way - no issues at all with these connection issues under QNAP roon server! :wink:

1 Like

I’m always beyond impressed when people just try to help. Thank you! We’re truly grateful :pray:

I couldn’t be happier that Roon’s running like a well oiled machine on your QNAP :nerd_face: . Enjoy the music :headphones:

Hello,
after days of trying I finally managed to install my PC as an audio device.
Many thanks for your help.
Reinhard Schulz

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.