Roon cannot find Chromecast device

My Chromecast device does not appear in Settings/Audio as a Roon endpoint.
My other Devices (Bryston BDP-2 and Bluesound Node2) appears, and work as they should.

The Chromecast device works on Spotify on my Apple iPad.

What should i do?

Hey @Espen_Evensberget,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Has the Chromecast device ever showed in Roon, or is this a new behavior?

Have you tried rebooting your Core machine and the Chromecast?

Thanks!
Dylan

Hi, thanks for your swift answer,

I installed Roon server about one week ago on an Intel NUC 7i3BNH With 8GB RAM and 120GB SSD.
Roon Version 1.4 build 298 on server.
About 1500 albums on Linux-based file server.

I use Bryston BDP-2 and Bluesound node2 as endpoints, and iPad/iPhone/Windows PC as controls.
Everything works flawlessly.

I installed a new Chromecast unit today, and configured it with chromecast.com/setup.
It correctly shows up as a device in Spotify (on my iPad), and works as it should.

But it does not show up as a Roon endpoint.

Best, Espen

Espen,

Roon support for Chromecast devices was introduced with Roon 1.5 Build 334. If you are running Roon 1.4 Build 298 that version does not support Chromecast devices.

Go to the Settings tab and click on About at the top right and you should see an option to update.

Tim

2 Likes

Chromecast devices must be activated with Google Home app on Android or iOS before they will appear in Roon as an endpoint.

Thanks everyone for tips and suggestions.
I upgraded Roon to 1.5 Build 334, and now everything works.

Espen

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.