Roon cannot find core on startup

Roon Core Machine

Roon Core: Mac Mini (M1, 2020)
Screen Shot 2022-07-26 at 12.03.50 PM

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Chord Mojo with USB directly into Mac, and Chromecast Audio with optical into my A/V receiver. I use an iPad as the remote for Chromecast and the Core computer with the Mojo.

Number of Tracks in Library

0 tracks; I use Tidal only.

Description of Issue

I have been using Roon for only a few weeks.It worked as expected the first 2 weeks, but now, every time I open Roon, it asks to choose a Core. I choose “Use This Mac.”

That takes me to the log in page, and after I enter my user name & password I am taken I to a page that says “You are already signed in; to connect to the Core you previously set up, just click go back above.”

When I click “go back” it brings me back to the sign in page. My only choice seems to be clicking “unauthorize” and setting up the Core again, logging back into Tidal etc.

I assume that I need to trash a prefs file or something like that, but I am not sure where to start.

Press the Unauthorize button, and then sign in.

1 Like

Hello @Greg_Papp ,

Have you had a chance to Unauthorize your Core and is everything working as expected now? Please let us know, thanks!

I have unauthorized and re-authorized several times by necessity, as It is the only way for me to play music. Every time I restart Roon I have to go through the same process, and often times after my computer wakes from sleep as well. I uninstalled Roon app, along with as many related folders I could find, including the RAAT Server. It worked for a couple of days after re-installing and adding some local music files, but today I am back to “sign in → you are already signed in” etc. It is also happening now when using my iPad to listen via my Chomecast Audio Zone.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.