Roon cannot load music from Tidal

@support
For the past two weeks till now Roon cannot stream music from Tidal.
I tried Log In and Log Out from Tidal and restart my iMac but does not help.

Tidal App in the same iMac can stream music as usual.

Please Advise.

Hey @Somboon_Vorapanyasak — Thank you for the report!

To start, may I ask that you please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Next, I’d like to get some additional insight into the exact behavior you’re experiencing with TIDAL:

For the past two weeks till now Roon cannot stream music from Tidal.

• Are you still logged into TIDAL in Roon? Do your TIDAL tracks still show up?
  • If your tracks do still show up, what happens when you try to play them? Are you getting an error message? Dropouts?

Regards,
Dylan

Hi Dylan,

My home internet setup is 100 mbps from ISP (Speed Check is 95+ mbps) running through Airport Extreme Router to iMac. My players are Ayre QX20 and Krell Vanguard Digital.

Roon is logged into Tidal with all playlists, tracks and album artworks show as usual.
When I select a track, the blue indicators on the Time Bars just swinging left/right and the music will not load.
There is no error messages.

Regards,
Somboon

Thank you for the details, @Somboon_Vorapanyasak!

My home internet setup is 100 mbps from ISP (Speed Check is 95+ mbps) running through Airport Extreme Router to iMac. My players are Ayre QX20 and Krell Vanguard Digital.

To expand on the above, can you give me a little detail on how these devices are connected? Is your Core connected via Ethernet? What about the audio devices?

Initially it sounds like there may be some networking difficulties here that are causing this behavior. In order to narrow it down a little further, I’d like you to verify the following:

• You mentioned you rebooted the iMac already which is a great step. I’d also like to suggest rebooting the networking hardware and endpoints too.
  • If you play directly to System Output on the Core machine do you experience the same behavior?
  • Try disabling any antivirus or firewall on the Core machine and see if the experience improves.
  • In the past, we’ve seen that some have had success using Google DNS to improve their TIDAL experience. Try following the instructions in that link and see if the experience improves.

Thank you,
Dylan