Roon cannot play Qobuz tracks when on VPN

Hi

Working with the trial versions to evaluate whether this will work for me.
I am having an issue when trying to play back Qobuz streaming tracks while on a VPN connection.
I am on a 2021 Apple MacBook Pro M1 and VPN is Private Internet Access.

When not on VPN:
Qobuz works fine
Qobuz streaming via Roon is fine
Playing local tracks via Roon is fine
Can control other endpoints throughout house and play local tracks or streaming Qobuz from Roon

When on a VPN:
Qobuz works fine
Playing local tracks via Roon is fine
Can control other endpoints throughout house and play local tracks from Roon

However - Qobuz will not play streaming via Roon when on the VPN.

This is strange since Qobuz works on its own when on VPN and the Roon endpoints are all accessible.
I have tried Tidal and it plays in all the instances above, whether on VPN or not.

Any suggestions?
Thanks
Doug

Hey @Doug_Brown,

Thank you for getting in touch about this and for visiting our Roon Community, it’s great to have you.

While many people use VPN with Roon, Roon Support doesn’t troubleshoot VPN issues. However, we welcome you to play around with VPN if you like. We consider this to be tinkering, so I’ve moved your report to this channel. Lot’s of people have experimented with VPN with Roon and they may be able to offer you some pointers.

Your issue here most likely has to do with the safeguards Qobuz has in place that prevent the use of VPN through Roon so that licensing for playback isn’t abused and they can assure their artist community that their music is reaching the intended. properly licensed, audience.

We appreciate your understanding! Thnaks

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.