Roon cannot see Meridian MS600

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

QNAP NAS Roon core

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
sky router to cisco switch

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Meridian MS600 into cisco switch, also connected to meridian DSP5200 speakers

Description Of Issue

i have installed everything, but roon cannot see the ms600, i have been able to see the IP address using meridian software and also used the IP address in windows explorer but still nothing.

I had the same issue the first time I used Roon (and the first time I had used an MS600) systematically re-booting everything cured the issue for me.

My apologies if you have already tried this.

thanks Mark, i haven’t don that completely yet, but i shall have to i think. so far i had only rebooted the switch and ms600

Hi @jonathan_mead,

I would definitely start by rebooting everything, Network -> Core -> MS600. After that, I would double check that the MS600 is running the latest firmware and request a screenshot of your Settings -> Audio tab, it should look something like this:

What kind of Cicsco switch are you using? We have sometimes seen Managed Switches cause issues within Roon as mentioned in our Networking Best Practices, so if the behavior still occurs after rebooting everything and you have an unmanaged switch around the house, it may be worth a try.

my switch is a cisco 2960G-8TC-L, currently I have rebooted everything and no joy.

I have just done a qnap update and it now shows up, not sure why but its there

Hi @jonathan_mead,

Glad to hear that the Meridian zone is now showing up following the QNAP update. I can’t comment on exactly why the update helped, but it likely refreshed your multicast settings. Does everything now appear to be working on the zone and I can go ahead and close this thread?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.