Roon can't connect to Core

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Core loaded on Innuos Zen Mk III running 1.4.7 (which is current). Roon is Version 1.7 (build 710) stable

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Standard Ethernet connection through BT HomeHub router

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Various

Description Of Issue

Roon working well, then when trying to open it from laptop yesterday it can’t connect to core (as above, it is on Innuos Zen Mk III). I type ‘my.innuos.com’ into Google Chrome browser but my network can’t see the server. I type the IP address of my router into browser but can’t see the router either! I check this last issue with my work technical support and they advise to use Firefox, this doesn’t work either, they advise Microsoft Edge and all of a sudden my network can see both the Zen Server and the BT Homehub router. I set MS Edge as default browser and reboot laptop. The issue - when I go to Roon, it tells me that ‘connection failed’ and the connect blue button is greyed out. Weird thing is that Roon remains available through my mobile app, for streaming services as well as serving digital music. So I know the core is working and available. Is there a way I can instruct Roon to look for the Core via Microsoft Edge?

Obviously I am extremely annoyed with microsoft as it must have been a change they made somewhere, but that isn’t the subject of this, I just want my Roon back through the laptop. Any advice please…Stephen

Hi @Trunkie — Can you try restarting the Innuos and your router?

Thanks @dylan that was the first action I took. Then a whole pile of other to do with network discovery and firewall management. I have now resolved the issue, by updating to the latest Windows 10 version, and resolving awhat turned out to be an encryption issue (from work) dressed up as a firewall issue (that turned out to be a complete red herring). Very pleased it was nothing to do with Roon.

1 Like

Hi @Trunkie ,

Thanks for letting us know you were able to resolve the issue here!
Happy listening!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.