Roon can't decode hdtrack songs

Roon Core Machine

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Purchased album fro hdtracks and two songs won’t play. I tried redownloading them. Same thing it won’t play. I contacted hdtracks and they sent me a fresh download. I downloaded it again. Roon refuses to play those two songs again. I contacted hdtracks again and they sent a zip extractor file to to download from there. So I extracted those two songs. I also downloaded them. I also re-downloaded them from hdtracks.
And yet again roon cannot decode those two songs. It has the file sample rate format information.

Why is this happening? Thanks.

So, what is the sample rate information and the file format?

Had the same kind of issue with one album from Nativedsd in DXD format.
After writing to them they said to change the file extension to .wav.
That did the trick

Hope it might work for you

It shows that the file exists with all the information pertaining those two songs. But it won’t play them.

If you have “all the information,” is it different from other tracks on the same album and what is the resolution and format? Have you tried to play those tracks on another music player? (FWIW, no one can help you unless they have those same tracks and/or you tell us more about them.)

1 Like

Btw, the album I was referring above was playing perfectly well on my Mac, just Roon was unable to read it in its initial format,

Like Kal said, if you don’t provide a bit more info it’s quite difficult to try to help you….

FWIW, changing the file’s label does not change the format; it just allows the OS to know what to do with it.

You’re totally right of course.
I didn’t express myself correctly
Tks for correcting

Hey @Brian_Sage,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your question. My apologies for the delayed response and for your wait. We’ve made some recent changes to the support team structure and some reports have experienced a longer response time than usual.

Since some time has passed I wanted to touch base to get your current status. If you’re still experiencing this problem and need assistance please let us know.

As others in the thread have mentioned, please fill out your setup information with as much detail as possible, and please include the specific file and file type information you are having issues with.

We’ll be watching for your reply and get back in touch as quickly as we can. Thanks! :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.