Roon can't find audio outputs

Describe The Issue
Hi @Support I am a new Roon user that is having a lot of trouble trying to configure roon such that I can use it around the house. Roon can detect my core’s connected audio but cannot detect the other devices in the network such as my Appletv, Sonos, Oppo 105D, Anthem MRX510 (AV Receiver)

Describe Your Setup

• Roon Core is running on Windows 10 (latest version)
  • Core is running on a PC, I8700k, Asus Maximus x Hero, 32gb Ram. All music is stored on this PC’s SSD hard drive
  • Core is connected to the network via ethernet cable. Other devices are connected via wifi. Router is the Netgear Nighthawk X4S
  • Remote I am running is on my Iphone XS
  • Collection size is under 1,000
  • Apple TV and Sonos are connected to network via wifi. Oppo 105D is connected via ethernet cable.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I like the potential of Roon in consolidating all of my music and Tidal but getting this to work anywhere other than my Core PC has been frustrating.

Hey @freesole — Thanks for reaching out!

Are there any other networking devices besides the Netgear router? Any switches or access points?

Have you tried rebooting your Core machine, networking hardware, and the networked endpoints?

Can you confirm if there is any active antivirus or firewall on the Core machine? If you disable them temporarily is there any change?

Thanks!
Dylan

1 Like

My $$$ is on the firewall, while the OPPO should be on the same network by definition of its LAN connection I believe it will only be seen if the unit is powered on.

As for the WiFi endpoints they need to be in the same network segment as the LAN devices. If you can use an app like FING on your smartphone you chould be able to see everything on the network if it’s using the same first 3 IP address numbers, ie 192.168.1.xxx

Hi @dylan @support

The only networking device is the Netgear router. I have tried rebooting the PC (core) and the router but haven’t seen that make an improvement.

I have Windows 10 with no additional antivirus or firewall other than the ones that came with my Windows 10. I disabled both but also saw no difference there.

I appreciate the update and you giving that a try, @freesole!

As wizardofoz mentioned above, can you use an app like FING to verify that the networked endpoints are on the same subnet?

Are you able to play to the iPhone XS remote device?

Thanks!