Roon can't find Auralic Aries [Resolved - Firewall]

Hi
After the upgrade of the Roon Software couldn’t Roon find the Aries. I tried several times to use the toggle to get contact. I succeeded once, but the next time I started Roon it was gone. I then tried to reinstall Roon, but I only get message that its wasn’t possible to download. Now I haven’t Roon at all, so I need help to get reinstalled. Thereafter I have to solve the Problem with the Auralic Aries

Hi @Arnfinn_Aarnes ---- Thank you for the report and sorry to hear of the troubles.

Moving forward, to help us better understand what could’ve happened here, would you kindly please provide me with the following:

• A brief but accurate description of your current setup, using this link as a guide.

• Please outline your network configuration/topology, as well as being sure to provide insight into any networking hardware you are implementing.

• When you performed the “uninstall”, can you please outline the steps you took, procedurally speaking?

-Eric

Hi Eric
My set up is MacBook Pro 2015 as core.
Then I have Devialet 220 pro, that I feed with Auralic Aries connected via USB. I use a wireless router from Zyxel, the P8702N. I use the 5Ghz. I can tell that the accses point is close to the core. I never have had any trouble wit my network. About the uninstall I just dragged Roon into the Litter Box. After the uninstall it was unable to reinstall. I’ve got the Message to contact you.
Please let me know if you want some further information. Thank you for helping.
Kind Regards
Arnfinn Aarnes

Sendt fra min iPhonem

Hi Eric
I have now Roon up running as program, but I still can’t se my Auralic Aries or the Devialet Air on the Audio set up in Roon. I only see my Mac as output ability.
Can you please help me to solve this Problem?

Kind Regards
Arnfinn Aarnes

I have a similar issue. Each time, I have to unplug my Aries (latest firmware) from AC and then plug it back in before Roon will play the Aries. Before unplugging the Aries shows up as device, but doesn’t play.

I can’t see it at all. I’m twisting my Head to find out what’s wrong.

Hi @Arnfinn_Aarnes — It’s good to hear from you, thank you for following back up with me.

Moving forward, can you please confirm that you are not making use of any active firewalls OR antivirus applications. If you are, I would recommend disabling these functions and confirming if this triggers a change in behavior here.

-Eric

Hi Eric
I did what you suggested, but it didn’t help. Devialet Air is present on Roon but no Auralic Areis.

Hi @Arnfinn_Aarnes ----- Thank you for touching base with me and sharing the results of the proposed test.

Moving forward, can you confirm for me that in the lightning DS App, Roon is set to the “on” position?

-Eric

Hi Eric
Roon is now playing. I toggled the Roon Button in Lightening and Roon came two times just for some seconds and then gone again. I continued to toggle the Roon button, and it came back without to disappear again. Then I quickly chose the Aries as output. I’m not sure this will last, because the Auralic dissaperd when I turned the Aries off once before. I will hope it won’t happen this time.

Kind Regards
Arnfinn

Hi Eric
I have found a way to get Aries to play With Roon. First I start Roon in my Mac Pro, then I starts the Auralic Aries with the on Button on the Remote controll. I have to try two or three times to get it going. Despite the functioning is not Perfect , I can use Roon again.
Tank you for helping.

Best Regards
Arnfinn

1 Like

Hi @Arnfinn_Aarnes ---- Thank you for the update, very appreciated!

Moving forward, I am curious, have you tried testing with another connection type between the Aries and 220Pro? Perhaps SPIDF or AES?

-Eric

Hi Eric
I have not, but I will try. Things are improving, Last night I just used one or to try’s to get contact with Auralic, and that’s not bad at all. I can live with that.
It’s playing perfectly through every Listening Session. The small start up Problems is a minor problem.
Thanks for your helping Eric, and I have to say that Roon are fantastic. The Sound, possibilities for DSP, Library. It’s simply the best.

Arnfinn

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words, @Arnfinn_Aarnes! Looking forward to your feedback!

Happy listening!
-Eric

Hi Eric
I can report that the problem is solved. I had to go into the Firewall and permit Roon, and then Auralic finds Ronn immediately. Thank you for all Support.

-Arnfinn

1 Like