Roon can't find Homepod mini & Apple TV

Roon Core Machine

I am running Roon 1.8 (build 831) on a Synology DS1520+, Intel Celeron J4125 4-core 2.0 GHz, burst up to 2.7 GHz, 8GB of RAM. Synology runs DSM 6.2.4-25556 Update 2

Networking Gear & Setup Details

EdgeRouter X v2.09 with a Unifi US-16-150W Switch and a Unify nanoHD, all running latest firmware. All devices are on the same network and same VLAN.

Connected Audio Devices

Bluesound Node (2021) via ethernet cable + Little Dot mk3 preamp + Hypex NCore Amps + Harbeth P3ESR speakers.

Number of Tracks in Library

The Library has 110276 tracks, 8586 Albums

Description of Issue

Well, my setup works perfectly except for one small detail. Roon can’t find my Apple Homepod Mini (Software version 15.1, latest) and my Apple TV 4K 2021 (version 15.0) connected via ethernet. It has no problem finding my iMac, Macbook, iphone, ipad and Bluesound Node. All of these devices are on the same network. Some via ethernet, some via Wifi.

Homepod Mini is updated to the latest software version and I also did a reset. I have been running Roon for more than a month now and it never listed the Homepod Mini or the Apple TV.

Under home settings in Apple Home app I have set the option ‘Allow Speaker & TV Access’ to ‘Everyone’ after experimenting with all the options including ‘Require Password’ but to no avail.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Well, Core build 846 fixed this issue. Haven’t thoroughly tested it yet but at least I can see the devices now.

Many thanks!

1 Like

Hey @Thodoris_Tsirkas thanks for the update! We’re hoping that you haven’t had any further issues since the update, but please let us know if that is not the case. We’d be more than happy to further assist you with this.

Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.