Roon can't find Redcloud Directstream Jr

Hello,
I cannot connect my Intel I7 Roon ROCK to new Directstream Jr. Managed to see it for few seconds only in settings/audio after reboot server/ router/ dac. Works fine in Mcconnect.
Please help.
Thank You

Radu…

Use @support to contact them quicker.

Hello @Radone,

Please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

-John

Hello John,

My setup consist in an Intel NUC Kit NUC7I7BNH i7-7567U running Roon, using DHCP and connected with Cat 7 to the router - Netgear R7800 with latest firmware. Also connected with Wireworld Cat 8 cable to the LAN port of the router is the PS Audio Directwave jr brand new with Redcloud and Bridge II, also using DHCP setting. I’ve tried the MConnect app and it’s working fine, on my Android phone shows the Bridge II and plays MQA. I am using my Windows 10 laptop wireless to control the ROCK. When I open Roon it shows "no audio device found "- “manage audio devices” and no networked devices. After I’ve restarted both router and NUC, it showed the Bridge II briefly (3 seconds) on Networked devices and then nothing.

This setup is functioning smoothly with the Sotm SMS 200 and Mytek Brooklyn Dac+ instead of Directstream Jr.

Thank You,
@Radone

Hello @Radone,

I have enabled diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.

-John

@Radone: while we’re waiting for diagnostics, have you checked to see if your Bridge II firmware is up to date? A quirk of PS Audio DACs is that the Bridge firmware is separate and independent of the main DAC firmware. Here are PS Audio’s instructions on how to check/update the Bridge II firmware:

Hi Allan,
I’ve checked: Bridge Update - not available. I think it’s up to date.

Update: It works with static IP.
Many Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.