Roon can't find Stream Box Ultra

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon is running on a Synology 420+; Roon version is 1.7 (build 571).

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Router is ASUS RT-AC88U. The Pro-ject Stream Box Ultra is connected directly (via Ethernet) to the same router.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

The Stream Box is connected to a NAD M51 DAC/preamplifier via USB.

Description Of Issue

Roon is unable to find the Stream Box Ultra, after repeated reboots of the Stream Box and restarts of Roon.

The Pro-ject app finds this Stream Box quickly, as does the $5 mConnect HD app.

Roon is able to find a second Stream Box Ultra, which is connected through a switch.

For testing purposes, try putting the second ultra on the switch too and see if roon gets it.

Thanks for the suggestion. It’s working now. Looks to me like the DAC that the Stream Box is connected to has to be on for Roon to find the Stream Box.

Hello @Bharat_Trehan,

That is correct, the zone will only show in Roon if there is an available audio output.

-John

1 Like

John

I’m having exactly the same issue here. DAC is.a chord TT and the streambox is causing no end of problems.

Now it won’t even find it at all and getting so frustrating.

I can play music through the DAC from.my NAS library no.problem but Roon can’t see it.

Hit and miss. When it does find it it then says can’t send to roon ? Can someone help pls as soon as possible. Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.