Roon causing HDMI issues?

First time post from me and hoping someone has some ideas. Running Roon on a late 2012 Mac Mini connected to Pioneer VSX 923 AV amp. When I select Roon to use the HDMI output the sound drops out, further investigation found that the format setting in the Audio midi settings was reverting to 44.1khz instead of 48khz. If I reset this audio is heard again until I manually change tracks in Roon and the settings yet again revert to 44.1khz and silence. There does not appear to be any way of locking the format to 48khz. Hoping someone has some thoughts on this. BTW all other output methods work fine. Thanks in advance.

Transcoding from 44k to 48k is a really bad idea from an AQ standpoint. It’s often a big frustration for Apple users.
fortunately Roon does the right thing and maintains the sample rate.

Does the Pioneer VSX 923 AV amp not support 44k1 via its HDMI input, seems odd … but I don’t know this unit.

Thanks for the reply. I will have to investigate further to see if the issue lies with the amp, although never had any issues playing from any other source namely Plex or itunes. It also plays correctly if I route Roon audio output through Airfoil to the HDMI output. Very puzzling!