Roon changes resolution on second monitor after laptop goes to sleep

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Intel NUC5 i5 Windows 10 Pro / RoonServer 1.7 (build 571)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
No network problems (router -> range extender -> WIFI to laptop)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Dell Latitude 7390 running Roon (as a remote) :slight_smile:

Description Of Issue

During these WFH times, I’m listening to Roon a lot on my work laptop. My work laptop is hooked up to a second monitor (Dell S2719DC via USB C) running at 2560 x 1440 resolution.

If I leave my computer whilst Roon is running, my laptop eventually goes to sleep. When I wake it back up, the screen resolution on the second monitor is turned all the way down to 800 x 600 and I need to reset my computer to get it back to normal.

Very strange issue, but I’m fairly convinced is caused by Roon as it only ever happens when Roon is running. I have never encountered it when Roon is NOT running.

Any ideas?

Many thanks
Brian

Hi @Boru80,

Are you able to reproduce this issue if you manually trigger sleep for your Latitude?

Does this issue only occur on the USB C input for the monitor? If your laptop/monitor supports HDMI, does the same issue occur on that input?

Hi
Thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately I can’t recreate it by manually putting it to sleep, or indeed using HDMI cable. That makes troubleshooting slightly difficult, I know! :slight_smile:

I’d say it’s happened about 4 or 5 times since I’ve started using Roon on my laptop. Is there any kind of log event or something I can capture next time it happens?

Thanks

Hi @Boru80,

There indeed is, you can use these instructions to access Roon logs. If the issue re-occurs, can you please note the exact local time + date of the occurrence and send me a set of your Roon logs? Thanks!

Great! OK I’ll do that. Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.