Apple Mac Mini M1/OS X 12.5.1 + Pegasus Thunderbolt RAID

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Hard-wired Cat 6 gigabit network, Netgear managed switch. No VPN

Connected Audio Devices

Multiple

Number of Tracks in Library

30k tracks+

Description of Issue

As part of the long-standing issues I’m having with both RoonServer and Roon client on M1 Macs, this refers to the client install on my M1 16" Macbook Pro Max 32GB/2TB, running OS X 12.5.1, connected over Thunderbolt 4 to a gigabit ethernet network. After running for 20-30 minutes the client starts glitching (as per hiccup). This can only be resolved by quitting or force-quitting the client and restarting it. restarting any and all network devices or the core does not make any difference.

As a codicil, several days later - it really is astonishing that Roon doesn’t have a proper, ticketed support system for its paying customers.

1 Like

Hi Richard,

Can you please give me a little more information on what is meant when you say glitching?

Also, can you give me a date/time stamp for this issue so that I may enable remote diagnostics and see what the logging says?

Thanks,
Wes

I held off replying until 2.0 launched. Now installed and testing - so far, so good…

1 Like

This is great news! Please come back and let us know if something changes.

Wes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.