Roon Client crashes on my iMac

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac Mini with Roon Version 1.7 (build 667) stable

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Mac Mini and iMac (2015) both wired

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

I’m using several audio devices

Description Of Issue

I’ve always had Roon (not Core but as a Controller) installed on this iMac, just somewhere between upgrading the iMac and upgrading the Roon client, Roon started crashing right after displaying the splash screen (the one with the music quotes). Tried reinstalling Roon several times to no avail.

I was going to suggest uninstalling, rebooting, and re-installing, but it sounds like you’ve mostly done this. Good luck!

Hi @foxmoon,

Can you please use these instructions to send me a set of your Roon logs from the affected PC?

After sending logs, I would use these instructions to set up Roon fresh on that PC:

• Make a Backup of your current Roon Database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder

Hi Noris,

I’ve sent you a link to the logs in a direct message.

I’ve also followed your instructions to re-install Roon and can confirm it is still crashing.

Thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.