Roon Client failed to reconnect after change in Core

Hi,

I have got several Roon clients (Rasp Pi 3+ and Hifiberry) and a Debian based core.
The Debian machine failed and I reinstalled Roon Core on a brand new Debian machine.
But my Roon client were not detected by the new Core…leaving me with the only option of reinstalling the Roon client software to all my Pi devices. The paint is mainly to reconfigured WIFI (dongles) on all these devices (time consuming).
Is there any configuration within Roon client software to point the client to the new server/core?

Thx

Jean

If it is seen on the network they will ask when you load them. I think you can disconnect from server in client settings.

Hi
Thanks for your response

Normally, a simple reboot of the client should have done the trick… but in my case it did not work…
Leaving me with the option to re-install the client software and went over all the configurations again.
thx

Hi @Jean_Siakeu,

Can you please post a screenshot of your Roon Settings -> Audio Tab? It should look something like this:

If you reinstalled the Core then you have to go back and enable the devices in the Audio Tab. If they’re not showing up there, I would check to make sure:

• Your Pi devices all have valid IP addresses
  • That you can ping them from the Debian Core
  • That you have allowed Roon past any firewalls located on the Core or Router

Please let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Noris

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.